Start Your Investment Journey
- From its creation, the Life Insurance Corporation of India, commanded a monopoly of soliciting and selling life insurance in India
- During the year 2020-21, the Corporation procured 2,09,75,439 Policies with a First Year Premium Income of Rs.56,406.51 Crore under Individual New Business.
- The conventional channel of LIC contributed 80% of the total first year premium during the year 2020-21 whereas the share of bancassurance channel was 3.38%. LIC also has online presence. As of 31.03.2021, only 9 products were available over online platforms.
- Currently, LIC has a profit-sharing arrangement under which policyholders pocket 95% surplus and shareholders (government of India) get 5%.
LIC IPO Details
May 4 to May 9 , 2022
₹ 902-949 per share
May 17 , 2022
Milestones of Life Corporation Of India
How to Apply for LIC IPO?
LIC IPO Key Data
Persistancy Ratio(Individual Products For Total Premium) FY21
Claim Settlement Ratio(FY21)
Equity Shares Offer For Sale
Number of Equity Shares Held
Solvency Ratio (FY21)
Market Share in New Business Premium (FY21)
Market Share in Total Premium (FY21)
Return on Equity (FY21)
Embedded Value (Rs. Crore)
LIC Product Portfolio
- Fifth largest life insurer globally by GWP and the largest player in the fast growing and underpenetrated Indian life insurance sector
- Trusted brand and a customer-centric business model
- Harnessing technology capabilities to support customer connect and drive operating efficiencies
- Largest asset manager in India with an established track record of financial performance and profitable growth
- Presence across India through an omni-channel distribution network with an unparalleled agency force
- Robust risk management framework
- Highly experienced and qualified management team, distinguished Board and strong corporate governance framework
LIC Corporate Holding Structure (FY21)
About Marwadi Financial Services
The LIC IPO will open on May 4th, 2022 and will close on May 9th , 2022
The LIC IPO is not expected to have any impact on the existing policyholders.
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has requested that its policyholders update their
Permanent Account Number (PAN) to participate in their Initial Public Offering (IPO) that
is to be rolled out. In case there is any discount or benefits then he/she can grab the
STEP 1: To link PAN, the policyholder must go to the LIC website at www.licindia.com
and click on the option "Online PAN registration."
STEP 2: The individual must provide their date of birth, email ID, PAN, name as it appears
on their PAN, mobile number, and policy number. All policy numbers can be included if
there are several policies.
STEP 3: A mobile verification OTP is provided to the policyholder's registered Mobile
number for authentication.
STEP 4: Once the authentication is complete, the status of the update can be checked by
visiting the LIC website and clicking on the button "Online Checking Policy PAN Status."
Those who are not LIC policyholders also can apply for the IPO under the investment
category as applicable—retail,NII or QIB.
The minimum lot size of LIC IPO is 15 shares
The IPO will be listed on both the exchanges i.e. BSE and NSE
Existing client can apply through our WhatsApp and Telegram OMO channel
Non existing clients can open a demat account with us and simply apply through our OMO